Executive Manager, Hawthorn Community Chest
- Charitable Organisation
- Business Development focus
Hawthorn Community Chest (HCC) has been supporting those in need in Boroondara for nearly 60 years. A registered charity, HCC is run by a volunteer committee, all of whom live locally and are committed to making local lives better. We provide money by way of grants in the areas of health, education and welfare – grants that make a real difference to the lives of those we help who have often exhausted all other areas of support.
We are looking for an Executive Manager to take over the day-to-day running of the organization, with a focus on business development. Reporting to the President, the role is a part-time position (16 hours per week) for a twelve-month initial contract, and requires the successful candidate to work across all areas of our business, supported by the Committee. In order of priority, the role would involve:
- building our Business Supporter Program and our Local Supporter Program;
- maintaining and developing relationships with the local support service providers;
- engaging with the local community, including maintaining relationships with local stakeholders;
- running our office administration, including maintaining our extensive database, preparing for monthly board meetings, maintaining our web site and social media presence, developing brochures and other administrative tasks;
- supporting fundraising events as needed.
The successful candidate will be well supported by the Committee who have a range of skills across marketing, public relations, copywriting, accounting, legal, HR and financial services. Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
- may come from a business development or sales background but who is sympathetic to the sensitivities of our local supporters;
- is self-motivated but can take direction, from not only the President, but also from time to time, the other Committee members;
- is highly organised and demonstrates real attention to detail;
- is articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- can work independently on a day-to-day basis, but thrive in the team environment of our meetings and committee interactions;
- can demonstrate compassion for those in need.
If you are interested in this position, please email your application to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 23 June 2017. For more information on this position please call 0499 400 043 or visit our website at www.hawthorncommunitychest.org.